Ka Huna Massage
Ka Huna massage originated in Hawaii and is a unique therapeutic massage technique based on the teachings and practices of the ancient Hawaiian Ka Hunas. In the native language of Hawaii, “huna” means “secret knowledge” and a “kahuna” refers to a master practitioner of the huna arts.
Ka Huna massage was traditionally practiced in the Hawaiian islands - both for relaxation and as one of the Ka Huna healing arts. This style of massage has become increasingly popular in the West due to its extremely relaxing nature and therapeutic benefits for the client.
Ka Huna massage is uniquely distinct from other forms of massage in two important ways:
- Ka Huna massage techniques are vigorous and rhythmic in their application. The master practitioner uses fingers, palms, wrists and forearms as they move rhythmically around the table. Earth therapies clients report that these rhythmic motions alone have a deeply relaxing effect that set Ka Huna massage apart from conventional massage.
- The intention and focus of the master practitioner in Ka Huna massage is of the utmost importance. Our therapists are trained to be totally focussed on their client with an attitude of love and compassion. This attitude is the essence of the “aloha” spirit that is sacred to the Hawaiian people.
Ka Huna massage has a wide range of physical and emotional benefits including:
- Stimulation of the lymphatic, circulatory and respiratory systems (benefiting asthma sufferers).
- Regulation of the digestive system (aiding people with irritable bowel syndrome).
- Reduction of muscle soreness, tension within the body and headaches.
- Reducing stress, depression, grief and exhaustion.
Ka Huna massage is recognised for being a holistic natural therapy, specially designed to heal the mind, body and spirit. Our Ka Huna practitioners will often start a session by asking you to talk about the physical as well as emotional reasons for seeking treatment.
This aids us in attuning ourselves to your needs before the massage begins. Rhythmic “hula” style movements of the therapist as they “dance” around the table create harmony between practitioner and client.
If you are looking for a unique massage experience that will heal your spiritual as well as physical self, then this is for you!